Farfalle with Peas and Goat Cheese
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch chives, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
1. Bring a medium-size pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions, about 12 minutes, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Add peas and red pepper to pasta pot for last 2 minutes of cook time. Drain pasta mixture and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, stir together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water; set aside. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes and cook 1 minute. Stir in wine and bring to a boil. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir in cornstarch mixture and cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in salt.
3. Add pasta mixture to skillet and stir together with sauce. Stir in chives, walnuts and 1/4 cup of the goat cheese, adding pasta water by the tablespoonful if mixture appears dry. Sprinkle with remaining goat cheese. Serve immediately.