Creamy Straw and Hay Fettuccine
Heavy cream teamed with Parmesan and nutmeg makes a flavor-rich sauce for this pasta recipe. The combination of plain and spinach fettuccine, peas, sun-dried tomatoes, and prosciutto, adds color and flavor.
- 12 ounces each regular and spinach fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 8 ounce package sliced white mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 10 ounce box frozen tiny peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and cut into thin strips
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Fresh herbs, for garnish, optional
1. Cook pasta following package directions. Drain well.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; saute for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in cream, peas, sun-dried tomatoes, prosciutto, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Stir in 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Toss cooked pasta with sauce. If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese and garnish with herbs.