Cold Soba Noodles
- 1 8 ounce package soba noodles
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and quartered
1. Cook the soba noodles according to package directions, about 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain again.
2. In a large bowl toss noodles with edamame, carrots, and sesame seeds; set aside.
3. Place the peanut butter, mayonnaise, soy sauce, canola oil, hot water, vinegar, sesame oil, honey, ginger, and garlic in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until very smooth. Pour over noodle mixture; toss to combine.