- 6 - 8 large potatoes
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup butter
- 1 8 ounce package shredded cheese
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 4 ounce package real bacon pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Wash and dry potatoes, wrap in foil, cut a slit in each one, and place in the slow-cooker.
2. Cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
3. Remove potatoes from the cooker and unwrap.
4. Remove potato skin and cut potatoes into bite-size pieces.
5. Place liner in the slow-cooker and add back potatoes.
6. Add the remaining ingredients and stir gently.
7. Cook on LOW for an additional 20 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted through.
- Excerpted from The Crockin' Girls Slow Cookin' Companion: Yummy Recipes from Family, Friends, and Our Crockin' Community by Nicole Sparks and Jenna Marwitz. Copyright ©2012 by Crockin' Girls LLC. Reprinted with permission of The Five Star Institute.
Nutrition Facts Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.