German Pancake with Berries
This oven baked pancake is filled with fruit, making it nice for breakfast or dessert.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place butter in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet. Put the skillet in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until butter melts. Whisk eggs in a bowl. Add flour, milk, granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt; whisk until the mixture is smooth. Immediately pour batter into the hot skillet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until puffed and browned.
2. Remove from the oven. The pancake will fall in the center as it cools. To serve, top with berries and powdered sugar. Serve immediately.