Mustard Chicken with Artichokes and Grape Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- crushed red pepper
- 1 grape tomatoes
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 9 ounce frozen artichoke hearts
- Roasted asparagus (optional)
- Cooked couscous (optional)
1. In a 4-quart slow cooker whisk together olive oil, mustard, lemon peel, lemon juice, thyme, salt, and crushed red pepper. Add tomatoes, chicken, and frozen artichokes; toss to combine. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours.
2. Use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken mixture to a serving dish, reserving cooking liquid. Serve chicken mixture with roasted asparagus and couscous; drizzle with cooking liquid to moisten. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
TipFor Easy Cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.