Pair a hint of fresh orange flavor with a crunchy, sugary top for a phenomenal morning pick-me-up. Add this quick and easy recipe to your brunch menu.
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees . Coat a standard-size muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, whisk flour, 3/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center (step A, page 180).
3. In small bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, oil and orange zest (step A, below). Pour milk mixture into well in flour mixture, then stir just until combined. Fold in blueberries (step B).
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, 1/3 cup batter in each cup (step C). Each muffin cup should be about 3/4 full. Fill the two empty muffin cups with water, so muffins bake evenly.
5. Sprinkle each muffin with 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Bake muffins at 375 degrees for 23 to 25 minutes, until crowned and lightly brown. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal.(kcal): 286, Fat, total(g): 13, chol.(mg): 44, sat. fat(g): 1, carb.(g): 39, fiber(g): 1, pro.(g): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.