Minty Beef Lollies and Cucumber-Carrot Raita
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon zest
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 12 5 inches wooden skewers
- 1 kirby cucumber, peeled and chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
1. In a bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, mint, lemon zest, 3 tablespoons of the yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon cumin and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Form into 12 2 1/2-inch patties, and thread onto bamboo skewers; chill until ready to cook.
2. For the raita, In a small bowl combine the cucumber, carrot, cilantro, sugar, the remaining yogurt, 1/4 teaspoon cumin and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
3. Preheat a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, place the beef skewers in the skillet and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, turning once. Serve alongside the raita.
- Skewer the beef patties after they're cooked.