Mini Muffin Pizzas
You can use whatever toppings your child likes for these mini pizzas. Try ham and pineapple, tuna and corn, or cherry tomato and pepperoni. You can also make simple pizzas by spreading the muffins with ketchup, arranging sliced cherry tomatoes on top, covering with grated Cheddar cheese, and cooking under a broiler until lightly golden.
- 1 English muffin, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon red pesto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 2-3 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 slice ham or salami, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella or Cheddar cheese
1. Toast the muffin until golden and leave to cool. Preheat the broiler. Mix the tomato paste and red pesto and spread over the muffin halves. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the onion, mushrooms, and zucchini until softened and golden.
2. Add the seasonings and then divide the vegetables between muffin halves and scatter the ham or salami and mozzarella or Cheddar over the top. Place under the broiler and cook for 4 minutes or until golden and bubbling.