Sausage and Orecchiette
This quick and easy pasta recipe calls for orecchiette which translates to "little ears." With the flavorful mix of Italian sausage, vegetables, and pasta, all you need is a salad and some crusty bread to complete the meal.
- 4 ounces orecchiette or rigatoni (about 1-1/2 cups dry)
- 1/2 14 ounce bag fresh broccoli flowerets
- 1/2 pound hot or sweet Italian sausage
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce, heated
1. Cook orecchiette in boiling salted water for 6 minutes. Add broccoli; cook 6 more minutes. Drain; transfer to a serving bowl.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove sausage from its casing and crumble into pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet and drain off excess fat. Reduce heat to medium and add peppers to skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Add sausage, peppers and marinara sauce to serving bowl with pasta and broccoli, and toss.