Apple Cider Sauce
This spiced sauce takes only 15 minutes to make. Whip it up the next time you bake a batch of waffles for breakfast.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1. In a medium-size saucepan, stir together sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in apple cider and lemon juice and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened, about 1 minute.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter. Serve warm or cold.