Bananas, ice cream, fruit toping, and fudge topping are layered into a frozen dessert that won't melt as fast as the classic version.
- 8 tablespoons strawberry topping
- 4 bananas, peeled and halved crosswise
- 1 1/2 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- 8 tablespoons pineapple topping
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup chocolate-fudge topping
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- Whipped cream
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 8 maraschino cherries (drained and patted dry)
1. Divide strawberry topping among eight 6-ounce plastic or paper cups. Insert a wooden stick into each banana half; place one in each cup, stick side up. Cover and freeze for an hour.
2. Divide strawberry ice cream among cups, spooning it in around bananas; repeat with pineapple topping. Freeze for 15 minutes. Spoon vanilla ice cream, fudge topping, and chocolate ice cream into cups until full. Place a square of aluminum foil with a slit in the center over each cup. Freeze overnight or until firm.
3. When ready to eat, peel off the cups. Top each pop with whipped cream, walnuts, and a cherry.
4. Recipe adapted from Pops! Icy Treats for Everyone copyright © 2008 by Krystina Castella. Photographs copyright © 2008 by Emily Brooke Sandor. Reprinted with permission of Quirk Books; quirkbooks.com.