Servings: 4 Hands On 20 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces ground lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Greek pita flatbreads, warmed
- 1 cup weekend-prepped chickpea puree
- 2 cups shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 12 pitted black olives, halved
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (optional)
1. In a large skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the lamb and cook until browned, stirring to break up the meat as it cooks, about 5 minutes. Drain fat. Season with cumin, salt, and pepper, to taste.
2. Spread each pita with 1/4 cup of the chickpea puree. Top with the lamb mixture, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and dollop with Greek yogurt, if desired.
Tip Weekend-prepped chickpea puree
- Make chickpea paste: drain and rinse one 15-oz. can chickpeas. Puree with 1 Tbs. olive oil, 1 clove of garlic, 1 Tbs. lemon juice, and 1/8 tsp. each cumin and salt until smooth.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 498, Fat, total (g): 21, chol. (mg): 41, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 56, Monounsaturated fat (g): 9, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): 1, fiber (g): 9, sugar (g): 6, pro. (g): 23, vit. A (IU): 2520, vit. C (mg): 10, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 65, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 885, Potassium (mg): 281, calcium (mg): 63, iron (mg): 5, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.