Curried Carrots and Red Lentil Puree
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 1/2 cups water or low-sodium chicken stock
1. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add in carrot and cook until they begin to soften, about 6 minutes. Stir in garlic, if using, lentils and curry. Pour in water or chicken stock and bring to boiling. Turn heat down to low and place a lid on saucepan. Cook for 20 minutes.
2. Allow mixture to cool slightly then process in a blender or food processor until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator, in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. Mixture may also be frozen for up to 3 months.Ages:
3. 8 to 10 months
- Don't like curry, swap in cumin or cinnamon.
- Skip the pureeing step for toddler or adults and serve with rice.