These little presents have a raspberry filled cake inside. Give them away for a holiday gift or serve for dessert at a party.
- 1 vanilla cake
- 1/3 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 24 ounce box rolled fondant
- Tootsie Rolls
- Large nonpareil candies
- Small nonpareil candies
- Light corn syrup
1. Measure cake 6 inches down from the long side and cut across vertically. Cut each piece in half horizontally, then cut each smaller piece in half. Discard one of the smaller pieces. (You'll have two 6-inch squares and three 3-inch squares.)
2. Evenly spread a layer of preserves on top of one of the 6-inch cakes. Top with remaining cake to make a box.
3. Cut 1/4 of the rolled fondant off and wrap in plastic to keep airtight. Dust your countertop with confectioners' sugar, then roll larger piece of fondant to a 15 x 15-inch square. Place larger cake in center of fondant and fold up to look like a wrapped gift. Use scissors to cut off excess fondant. Use remaining fondant and scraps to cover small cakes.
4. Place 8 unwrapped Tootsie Rolls in microwave for 10 seconds, just to soften. Knead Tootsie Rolls together and roll out into a 2-inch-wide by 13-inch-long strip. Trim to fit over large cake for ribbon. Repeat to make another ribbon and place across cake. For smaller cakes, soften 3 Tootsie Rolls and roll out to a 1-inch-wide by 7-inch-long ribbon, then trim to fit smaller gift box. Repeat to cover other gifts. Attach nonpareil candies to ribbons on gift boxes using corn syrup.