Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
- 1 quart strawberries (about 4 cups), hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 8 ounce container light frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip Lite), thawed
- 1/3 cup prepared strawberry topping (such as Smuckers)
- 1 store-bought 13-ounce marbled pound cake (such as Entenmanns), cut into 1-inch cubes
- Strawberries for garnish, optional
1. In a large bowl, mix together strawberries and sugar. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. In a medium-size bowl, stir together the whipped topping and strawberry topping. Place half of the cake cubes in a large glass bowl. Spoon half of the berries and accumulated juices evenly over the cake. Spread half of the topping mixture over the berries. Repeat layering. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
3. Garnish with additional strawberries, if desired.