Raspberries bring a refreshing flavor and new twist to this Italian classic dessert recipe.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 cups raspberries
- 2 8 ounce packages low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur or strong coffee
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 3 ounce packages soft ladyfingers
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Mint, raspberries for garnish (optional)
1. In medium-size saucepan, mix granulated sugar and cornstarch until blended; stir in 3 cups of the raspberries. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; boil 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temp; add remaining 1 cup berries.
2. In large bowl, beat with electric mixer cream cheese, confectioners sugar and liqueur until smooth. Stir in sour cream.
3. Separate and arrange half the ladyfingers on bottom of 9-inch square glass baking dish, overlapping slightly. Spoon half of the raspberry mixture (1 cup) on top, then half the cream cheese mixture (1-1/2 cups). Sift half the cocoa powder on top; repeat layering as above, ending with cocoa powder.
4. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with mint and raspberries, if desired.