- 1 box angle-food cake mix
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 2 cups blue candy melts (Wilton.com)
- 1 1/4 ounce container white cake sparkles (Wilton.com)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Stir in almond extract.
2. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until puffed and golden. Cool pan on wire rack.To Decorate:
3. Line 3 cookie sheets with wax paper. Microwave candy melts on High for 15 seconds. Stir; microwave at 10-second intervals until smooth. Spoon into a heavy resealable bag. Snip a corner and pipe twenty-four 2-1/2X2-inch pairs of fairy wings onto the sheets, leaving a stem at the bottom to insert into cupcake. Top with sparkles. Refrigerate until set, 5 minutes.
4. Poke two small holes in the top of each cupcake with a toothpick, and insert wings into cupcakes. Place coconut in between wings and sift on confectioners sugar.