Cookies 'n' Cream Minis
This mini cupcake recipe made with chocolate and creme sandwich cookies make the perfect kid-party treat.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 chocolate and creme sandwich cookies (such as Oreos), broken up
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crushed sandwich cookies, optional
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 36 indents of mini muffin pans (using 3 pans total) with paper or foil liners. If you have only one or two pans, bake batter in batches.
2. In small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. In large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Beat in sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
3. On low speed, alternately beat flour mixture and sour cream into butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Add milk and vanilla; fold in cookie pieces. Divide batter among prepared cups; for ease, place batter in a resealable plastic bag, snip off a corner and pipe into cups.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes, until tops spring back when lightly pressed. Remove cupcakes to a rack; let cool.Frosting:
5. In bowl, beat sugar, butter, sour cream and vanilla until good spreading consistency.
6. Once cupcakes have cooled, spread with frosting, about 2 teaspoons for each. Top with cookie crumbs, if desired.