Sugar-Free Coconut Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded natural unsweetened coconut (see Note)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup Splenda (do not use Splenda for baking, which has sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 large baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium-size bowl, combine oats, flour, coconut, raisins, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda.
3. In a large bowl, beat together butter and Splenda until combined. Beat in egg. Stir in oat mixture and vanilla.
4. Drop cookie dough by slightly heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. With wet hands, press down cookies to form a flattened 3-inch circle. Let stand on countertop for 5 minutes. Transfer cookie sheets to oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 13 to 15 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned around edges. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.