Orange Ricotta Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened (1/2 cup)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 15 ounce container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until well combined. Add the eggs and mix until incorporated. Add the ricotta cheese, orange juice, and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Bake about 12 minutes or until just barely starting to brown around edges. Remove and cool slightly on a wire rack.
4. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon Glaze onto each cook and spread over top. Let stand until glaze is set. Makes about 60 cookies.
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel (optional)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
1. In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, orange peel (optional), and orange juice. Makes about 2/3 cup.