Crushed candy makes a pretty red and white center for these heart shaped cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Strawberries-and-cream hard candy
- Lollipop sticks
Make ItPrepare dough:
1. In a bowl, with mixer on medium-high, beat butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, corn syrup, and vanilla. Reduce mixer speed to low, and beat in flour. Divide dough in half, flatten, and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness on a floured surface. Cut out heart-shaped cookies using a 4-inch cookie cutter. Using a smaller cookie cutter, cut out a heart in center of each cookie. Place lollipop sticks on baking sheet and place cookies on sticks, pressing to hold firm. Bake cookies 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough, incorporating dough from heart cutouts.
3. Meanwhile, place candy in plastic bag. Using a rolling pin, crush into small pieces. Remove cookies from oven, and spoon candies into cutouts, filling to same thickness as cookies.
4. Bake 3 to 4 minutes more, or until candies have melted. Let cookies cool completely on baking sheets. Remove cookies using a thin metal spatula.