This biscotti recipe yields both chocolate and plain biscotti. Both are flecked with dried cranberries and can be drizzled with chocolate for extra pizzazz.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light-brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease large baking sheet.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, salt in bowl. Beat butter, sugar in second bowl until creamy, 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Stir in flour mixture. Stir in berries and rind. Gather mixture into a ball. Divide in half.
3. Knead cocoa into half the dough. Using floured hands, roll each portion into 14-inch log. Place on prepared sheet. Press dough slightly to flatten so each log is 2 inches wide.
4. Bake in 375 degrees F oven 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire rack to cool.
5. Lower to 325 degrees F. Cut loaves into 3/4-inch-thick slices. Place, a cut side down, on sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Turn over; bake 10 minutes. Cool on rack. Drizzle with chocolate.