Cornflake Christmas Wreaths
The marshmallow mixture is tinted green to make these cereal snacks look like holiday wreaths.
- 1 10 1/2 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- Green food coloring
- 4 1/2 cups cornflake cereal
- Jumbo red nonpareils
- Light corn syrup
- Red sour balls
1. Line 2 baking sheets with nonstick foil or parchment paper. Lightly coat a 1/3-cup measure with nonstick spray.
2. Stir marshmallows and butter in a large saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and tint with 5 or 6 drops of food coloring. Gently stir in cornflakes.
3. Scoop 1/3 cupfuls of the mixture and drop into 6 piles on each baking sheet. Let cool 5 minutes. Spray fingers with nonstick cooking spray and shape each pile into a wreath, gently compressing the flakes together. Refrigerate until firm.
4. Decorate wreaths with nonpareils or candy balls, attaching them with a dab of corn syrup.