Old-fashioned oats and a double dose of chocolate makes these jumbo drop cookies a true kid-favorite recipe. The perfect birthday party treat, make a double batch to keep a few extras on hand.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Have two large nonstick baking sheets at the ready.
2. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a bowl. In a large bowl, beat butter and both kinds of sugar until creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. On low speed, beat in flour mixture, then stir in oats, raisins and chocolate chips.
3. Dollop 1/4-cupfuls of batter onto prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies at 350 degrees F for 17 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.