Ice-Cream Cake Roll
Mint chip ice cream rolled up inside a delicious chocolate cake makes an impressive party dessert recipe.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups mint chip ice cream, softened
- Chocolate syrup, for serving
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper. Spray paper.
2. Stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes, until very light yellow. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until smooth. Beat in vanilla extract.
3. Fold flour mixture into egg mixture until no lumps remain. Pour into prepared pan, spreading level. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
4. Dust a clean kitchen towel with confectioners sugar. Turn cake out onto towel. Roll up towel and cake from short end; cool completely.
5. Unroll; spread with softened ice cream to within 1 inch of edges. Reroll cake without towel; wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight. If frozen overnight, let stand at room temperature 20 minutes before serving. To serve, carefully remove plastic wrap and drizzle cake with chocolate syrup.
Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal.(kcal): 316, Fat, total(g): 14, chol.(mg): 148, sat. fat(g): 8, carb.(g): 41, fiber(g): 2, pro.(g): 7, sodium(mg): 120, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.