- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 2 garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 organic sweet bell peppers, cored and diced
- 1 organic medium-size zucchini, trimmed and diced
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can organic fire-roasted diced tomatoes, such as Muir-Glen
- 1 8 ounce can organic no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 15 ounce can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can organic small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can organic red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Organic grated cheddar cheese (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and chili powder and cook 3 minutes.
2. Add peppers and zucchini and continue to cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, ketchup and oregano. Cook 8 minutes.
4. Gently stir in the beans. Cover pot and continue to cook 3 minutes. Serve with organic grated cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 203, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 39, fiber (g): 12, pro. (g): 11, sodium (mg): 678, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.