Thai Chicken and Rice
Forget takeout! You can make this quick Thai dinner at home. Light coconut milk makes this chicken and vegetable dinner low-fat.
- Boil-in-bag brown rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or use soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken-breast tenders
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco green sauce, optional
- Cilantro, optional
1. Prepare rice according to package directions and keep warm.
2. Combine cornstarch, fish sauce, the water, and one minced garlic clove in a shallow bowl. Toss mixture with chicken tenders, coating evenly. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high. Add chicken and cook 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan. Heat remaining oil in pan and saute green onions for a minute. Add the remaining garlic and the ginger and cook another minute.
3. Return chicken to pan for 1 to 2 minutes, or until it's cooked. Stir in coconut milk, lime juice, sugar, and, if you're using it, green sauce. Cook about a minute until heated through. Serve over brown rice with chopped cilantro, if using.