Tangy Hawaiian Kabobs
Chicken, vegetables and fruit on a stick! Pineapple, broccoli and cherry tomatoes add fun color to this easy dinner recipe.
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups large chunks cooked chicken
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
1. In small saucepan, combine broth, soy sauce, corn syrup, ginger, and vinegar, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. In small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water and whisk into boiling sauce. Continue whisking while boiling for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Place broccoli florets medium glass bowl; cover and microwave 4 minutes.
2. Heat broiler. Line a baking pan with foil. Place chicken, broccoli, tomatoes, and pineapple chunks on skewers. Brush with sauce. Broil 4 to 5 minutes, until heated through and browned.