Tandoori Chicken with Raita
A cool cucumber sauce tones down the heat in this spicy grilled chicken recipe.
- 1 1/4 cups plain yogurt
- 1 kirby cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon garam masala spice blend (such as McCormick)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 bone-in, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 pounds), cut in half diagonally
1. For raita, stir together 3/4 cup yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl; set aside.
2. In another small bowl, stir together remaining 1/2 cup yogurt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, ginger, garam masala and cayenne. Place chicken in a baking dish and spread yogurt mixture over top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. Heat gas grill to medium-high or prepare charcoal grill with medium-hot coals. Lightly coat grill with nonstick cooking spray or oil. Grill chicken, covered, about 20 minutes over direct heat, turning every 5 minutes. Then move chicken to indirect heat for 5 minutes or until internal temperature measures 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Serve with raita.
Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal.(kcal): 359, Fat, total(g): 6, chol.(mg): 168, sat. fat(g): 3, carb.(g): 6, fiber(g): 1, pro.(g): 66, sodium(mg): 649, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.