Sweet & Spicy Chicken Thighs
Peas and barley make a good side dish for the chicken in this dinner recipe.
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 6 skinless bone-in chicken thighs, about 5 ounces each
- 3/4 cup barley
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can chicken broth with roasted vegetables and herbs
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees . Coat a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey and mustard. Place the chicken thighs in the prepared baking dish. Brush the thighs with half of the soy sauce mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Brush the chicken with the remaining soy sauce mixture and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
3. While the chicken is baking, prepare the barley following package directions, substituting the chicken broth for water. Stir in the peas, salt and pepper during the last 5 minutes.
4. Serve 4 pieces of chicken with the barley. Makes 4 servings plus leftovers.