This 20-minute recipe is sure to become a favorite with you and your family. The skinless, boneless chicken breast halves are brushed with honey and soy sauce before coating with ground pecans.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups ground pecans
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds total), pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat broiler. Coat broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium-size bowl, whisk honey and soy sauce. Spread pecans on a plate.
3. Dip both sides of chicken breasts in honey and soy mixture and then in pecans. Place on prepared broiler pan. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
4. Broil for 2 minutes per side, 6 inches from heat source. Reduce oven temperature to 500 degrees F and place broiler pan on rack in lower third of oven. Bake for 6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
5. While chicken is cooking, place remaining honey and soy mixture in a small saucepan and boil for 1 minute.
6. Drizzle honey mixture over chicken and serve.Serving suggestion:
7. Wild and long grain white rice pilaf and a tossed green salad.