A cracker and Parmesan cheese mixture combined with a trio of spices forms a delicious crust in this baked chicken main-dish recipe.
- 12 multigrain saltine crackers
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/2 pounds)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place baking rack on a baking sheet; set aside.
2. Place crackers in a large resealable storage bag and crush with a rolling pin. Add Parmesan, parsley, basil, paprika, salt and pepper to bag; shake to combine. Pour crumbs into shallow pie plate; set aside.
3. Place buttermilk in a shallow pie plate. Dip chicken in the buttermilk, then coat both sides of chicken in cracker mixture.
4. Place chicken on rack on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Serve immediately.