Orange, Beet and Chicken Salad
The Asian dressing adds a bit of peanut flavor to this chicken salad. Use leftover salad as a filling for wrap sandwiches.
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange-juice concentrate, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 bag (5 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1 can (8.25 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup toasted pecan halves
1. Combine dressing ingredients in small jar with tight-fitting lid. Shake well to blend.
2. In large bowl, combine chicken with 1 tablespoon dressing; toss to coat evenly. Transfer to large serving bowl. Add remaining ingredients; toss together. Serve salad with remaining dressing on the side.