Hungarian Paprika Chicken
Hot Hungarian paprika adds a rich, robust flavor to this creamy chicken main-dish recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1 large yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to skillet and cook for 4 minutes or until softened.
2. Add chicken to skillet. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in pepper, tomatoes and both paprikas. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 18 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, stir cornstarch, salt and black pepper into sour cream. Add sour cream mixture to pan and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.