- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green salsa (salsa verde)
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 10 ounce can mild enchilada sauce
- 6 6 inches corn tortillas, each torn into quarters
- 6 - 8 tablespoons shredded Mexican blend cheese
1. In a large bowl, mix together shredded chicken, green onions, salsa, 1/2 cup cheese, and corn; set aside. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 3-1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Arrange 8 of the tortilla pieces in the bottom of the cooker over sauce, overlapping as necessary.
2. Spoon one-third of the chicken mixture over tortillas in cooker. Repeat layering tortillas and chicken mixture twice, ending with chicken mixture. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over all. Cover; cook on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Top each serving with additional cheese.
TipFor Easy Cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.