Crunchy Turkey Salad
To keep the crunch in the chow mein noodles and almonds, toss this main-dish salad together and serve immediately. That's not a problem with its quick 15-minute prep time.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large head Bib lettuce
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey (about 3/4 pound) or cooked chicken
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup chow mein noodles (such as La Choy)
1. In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds and pepper; set aside.
2. Clean lettuce and chop; you should have about 8 cups. Transfer to a medium-size bowl and add turkey, scallions, almonds and noodles. Toss with dressing and serve immediately.