Crunchy Chicken Legs
- 2 1/2 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed
- 3 tablespoons grated romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 cups broccoli flowerets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- Seedless red grapes
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a shallow baking pan with parchment paper; set aside. In a shallow dish combine the cereal, cheese, seasoning, and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. In another shallow dish place the buttermilk. Dip chicken in buttermilk, then in cereal mixture to coat. Arrange chicken in prepared pan. Sprinkle with any remaining crumbs. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
2. Bake chicken for 35 minutes or until tender and no longer pink inside, turning once.
3. Meanwhile, place broccoli in a steamer basket over simmering water in a large skillet or saucepan. Cover and steam for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a serving dish. Add oil, remaining pepper, and salt; toss lightly to coat. Sprinkle with orange peel.
4. Serve chicken with broccoli and grapes.