Crunchy Chicken Fingers
Cornflakes add crunch to these chicken fingers without having to fry them. Just bake and serve for dinner.
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 cup packaged cornflake crumbs or 2 cups cornflakes, finely crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground black pepper
- Ketchup (optional)
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut chicken into 3/4-inch strips. In a shallow dish, combine the egg, honey, and mustard. In another shallow dish stir together cornflake crumbs, salt, and pepper. Dip chicken strips into the egg mixture; roll them in crumb mixture to coat evenly.
2. Arrange chicken strips on a baking sheet. Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with ketchup, if desired.