Creamy Chicken & Pasta
Ready in just over 20 minutes, a rich Parmesan sauce with a hint of nutmeg coats chicken, penne pasta, and a colorful melange of vegetables.
- 8 ounces penne
- 3 small carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pinch nutmeg
1. Cook penne in boiling salted water for 12 minutes. Add carrots, broccoli and zucchini for last 4 minutes of cooking time. Add peas during the last minute. Drain; transfer to a large serving bowl.
2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the black pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 8 minutes, or until cooked through.
3. Add cream, cheese, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and nutmeg to skillet. Boil for 2 minutes, until thick. Toss with pasta and vegetables.