Chicken Soft Tacos
These soft-shell tacos are filled with a saucy mixture of chorizo sausage and ground chicken. Ready in 20 minutes, they are a Mexican meal with family appeal.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 chorizo sausages, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small yellow squash, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons bottled salsa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 9 ounce package white corn tortillas (12 total)
- Lime wedges for garnish, optional
1. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and chicken; cook for 3 minutes. Add zucchini, squash, chili powder, salt and cayenne; stir to combine. Add sour cream and reduce heat to medium; cook for 5 to 8 minutes longer or until zucchini is tender and sauce has reduced.
2. Peel and remove pit from avocado. In a bowl, mash avocado with fork. Stir in salsa and lime juice. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Serve chicken mixture wrapped in tortillas with avocado salsa on the side. If desired, garnish with lime wedges.