Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Slow Cook 3 hours on HIGH or 5 hours on LOW
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cans (15 ounces) white hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 large chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite cut diced tomatoes with jalapenos (such as Del Monte), drained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine, garlic, chicken, hominy, onion, oregano, cumin, red pepper flakes, bouillon cubes and water in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5 hours.
2. Remove cover and stir in tomatoes, lime juice, salt and pepper until warmed through. Serve imediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 174, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 69, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 22, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 859, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.