Chicken & Dumplings
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (3-1/2 pounds), cut into 8 pieces, skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 can (13-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas and carrots
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken in oil in large, deep nonstick skillet, 5 minutes.Prepare dumplings:
2. Stir together baking mix, milk and parsley in bowl just until soft dough forms.
3. Add broth, frozen vegetables to chicken in skillet; bring to simmer.
4. Spoon dumplings by tablespoons on top of simmering stew. Cover; simmer 20 minutes until chicken is tender and dumplings are cooked through. Spoon into soup bowls.