Chicken Chimichurri Wraps
Quick-cooking chicken tenders, marinated in a fresh herb mixture similar to a South American chimichurri sauce, make a delicious and easy filling for these wraps.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken tenders
- 6 whole-wheat wraps (9-inch diameter)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- Cilantro Mint Sauce (see recipe on www.parents.com)
1. In a glass bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, shallot, oregano, red pepper flakes and sugar; stir to mix well. Add chicken; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
2. Heat broiler. Coat broiler pan with nonstick spray. Broil chicken for about 3 minutes per side or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
3. Spread wraps with mashed avocado, dividing equally. Place chicken in center of wrap and top with lettuce. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons Cilantro Mint Sauce, and fold the left and right sides of the wrap in to the center, followed by the bottom, then top, sides. Cut in half and serve.