Chicken & Bean Stew
This hearty chicken, bean, and corn recipe slow simmers in your slow cooker to give you a ready-made meal after a long day. Serve over mashed potatoes if you like.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with pepper, celery and onions (such as Hunt's), drained
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 3/4 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes (optional)
1. Stir together chicken, onion, tomatoes, broth, cayenne and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in slow cooker bowl. Cover and cook
2. on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5 hours.
3. Remove chicken from slow cooker and cut into 1-inch pieces. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, frozen corn and lima beans (no need to thaw) and the mustard. Cook 30 minutes more.
4. Serve with mashed potatoes, if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal.(kcal): 158, Fat, total(g): 4, chol.(mg): 74, sat. fat(g): 1, carb.(g): 12, fiber(g): 3, pro.(g): 17, sodium(mg): 588, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.