Chicken & Bean Stew
This hearty chicken, bean, and corn recipe slow simmers in your slow cooker to give you a ready-made meal after a long day. Serve over mashed potatoes if you like.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with pepper, celery and onions (such as Hunt's), drained
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 3/4 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes (optional)
1. Stir together chicken, onion, tomatoes, broth, cayenne and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in slow cooker bowl. Cover and cook
2. on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5 hours.
3. Remove chicken from slow cooker and cut into 1-inch pieces. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, frozen corn and lima beans (no need to thaw) and the mustard. Cook 30 minutes more.
4. Serve with mashed potatoes, if desired.