Beijing Chicken Stir-Fry
Chicken, green beans, bok choy, and carrots are flavored with a black bean sauce and served over lo mein noodles for a filling, Asian-inspired main-dish recipe.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons jarred Asian black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 pound green beans, stems trimmed
- 1 head bok choy (3/4 pound), trimmed and chopped
- 2 small carrots, peeled and cut into coins
- 8 ounces lo mein noodles
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Bring a pot of water to boiling. Slice chicken into thin strips. Toss with 2 tablespoons of the black bean sauce. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic. Cook 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate; keep warm.
2. Reduce heat to medium and add green beans, bok choy and carrots to skillet. Saute 3 minutes, then add 1/4 cup water and cover skillet. Cook 5 minutes or until beans and carrots are crisp-tender.
3. Meanwhile, boil noodles 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to a platter. Uncover vegetables, add chicken and any juices, remaining 4 tablespoons black bean sauce and cayenne. Toss well to combine, then spoon over noodles and serve warm.