Chicken Parm Grilled Cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 egg
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 1 pound)
- 8 slices thick, crusty bread
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- Fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Coat foil with cooking spray.
2. In a shallow dish, mix together breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning. In another, lightly beat egg.
3. Dip chicken in egg then in breadcrumb mixture, making sure to cover all sides of the cutlets. Lightly coat top of breaded chicken with cooking spray. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (165 degrees F).
4. Lightly coat outside of bread with cooking spray. Layer slices of mozzarella, baked chicken, tomato and basil leaves on bread. Put another slice of bread on top.
5. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sandwich for about 2 minutes or until bottom side of bread is golden brown. Flip and use a heavy lid or skillet to press down on sandwich. Cook for approximately 1 to 2 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.