Chicken Curry Meatballs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (2 slices) or 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped chives, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup unsalted chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Brush a medium-sized, oven-safe skillet with the canola oil; set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine the chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, 3 tablespoons chives, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Form into 18 1 1/2-inch balls, and place them snugly into the prepared pan in rows, making sure the balls are touching. Bake for 25 minutes or until the balls reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Let rest in the pan for five minutes.
3. Transfer the meatballs to a shallow dish; set aside. Place the skillet on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the chicken broth and bring to boiling, scraping up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Continue to boil gently until the liquid has reduced to about 1/4 cup (about 6 minutes). Remove from the heat. Stir in the butter and pour the sauce over the meatballs. Garnish with the remaining chives. Serve over rice and peas.