- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup cooked or canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 ounce Cotija cheese, grated (1/4 cup)
- Guacamole, salsa, pico de gallo, sliced jalapeno peppers (optional)
1. Add 2 cups of water to medium saucepan, then add cumin, coriander, chili powder, cinnamon, and cayenne and bring to boiling. Add carrots; return to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, discarding liquid.
2. Place a tablespoon of brown rice and a tablespoon of beans in each of the tortillas, and then place some carrots on top.
3. Top with cilantro and lettuce, then crumble cheese over each taco. Finish adding any optional toppings of your choice. Fold or roll up.