- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 bananas, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large skillet melt the butter and the sugar. Add the banana slices, saute for two to four minutes or until golden brown. Using a slotted spoon place the bananas in four serving dishes, reserving the remaining butter mixture in the pan.
2. Add the half-and-half to the butter mixture and simmer for 4-6 minutes until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
3. Pour the sauce over the bananas and serve immediately.